EXCLUSIVE: A Step-By-Step Guide to Zoe Saldana’s Thirties-Era Waves
While the tight crops of the Jazz Age are blowing up the beauty blogosphere as Gatsby continues its red-carpet domination, we’d like to remind everyone that it was the pin curls and marcel waves of the thirties and forties that made the rounds on the Fall runways. Zoe Saldana certainly hasn’t forgotten. For the U.K. premiere of Star Trek: Into Darkness, the Vionnet-clad starlet, who wore a striking slick of Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Colour in Portofino Red courtesy of makeup artist Vera Steimberg, had her hairstylist, Mara Roszak, create a glossy, side-parted faux bob with a few soft ridges for added texture. Here, Roszak shares some exclusive pregame pictures with us and breaks down the look in six easy steps:
1. Prep your hair with Moroccanoil Heat Styling Spray and rough dry.
2. Use a 1-inch-barrel curling iron, creating pin curls all over your head as you go.
3. Set the coils with Frédéric Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray and let sit for ten minutes.
4. Brush out the waves and then tease the ends to helpcreate thickness.
5. Tuck ends underneath themselves and pin at the nape of the neck.
6. Spray a halo of Frédéric Fekkai Glossing Mist all over the head to add extra shine.
Photo: Courtesy of Mara Roszak/ Vera Steimberg