In honor of National Cat Day, Uber (a car service mobile app) partnered with Cheezburger.com (a Web site that specializes in online laughs) to put together a one-day promotion that entails fuzzy kittens arriving at your doorstep for fifteen minutes. In addition to a delightful snuggle, you’ll receive cupcakes from Ace of Cakes for $20 (with all proceeds being donated to local animal shelters). Does it really get any better? I seriously doubt it. But if you can’t get your arms wrapped around one of these covetable creatures that are currently being chauffeured around New York, Seattle, and San Francisco, you can get in on the celebration with this cat-eye look created exclusively for Style.com by makeup creative director of Clé de Peau Beauté, Lucia Pieroni. Here, the step-by-step straight from the face painter herself:
1. Apply Clé de Peau Beauté Intensifying Cream Eyeliner in Deep Black (101) across your top lashes, creating a thin line.
2. Starting at the inner corner, trace along your lashes once again until parallel with your pupil, then drag your brush straight across to form a sharp, upward feline flick.
3. Next, join the outer corner with the bottom line—extending it and filling in any white space.
4. Blend the line with a small, fluffy brush to soften any hard edges. (Note: This also helps make the shape bigger and more dramatic.)
5. Coat the lashes with lots of black mascara and add Clé de Peau Beauté Eye Liner Pencil in Black (201) onto the water line for definition.
6. Complete the look with a glossy nude lipstick. Or, if you dare, opt for a super-pigmented, bloodstained finish by blending Extra Rich Lipstick in Matilda (310) with Red Abundance (311).—Amber Kallor
Photo: Courtesy of Clé de Peau Beauté; Getty Images