The Soul Patch Seen Round the World
Damien Hirst’s gilded mammoth was only one of the things at last night’s amfAR gala that caught our eye. The other made up for the lack of wool on the prehistoric animal: John Travolta’s mysterious and oddly off-center soul patch. The question that kept coming to mind was, “Why?” Here, our ideas for its reason of being:
1. An attempt to rival Eurovision winner Conchita Wurst‘s lady beard.
2. Camouflage for failed chin implant.
3. Allowed small child to design facial hair on magnetic Wooly Willy game. Replicated for red carpet.
4. Jafar from Aladdin is his beauty icon.
5. Auditioning to replace Howie Mandel as the host of Deal or No Deal.
Photo: Kevin Tachman