Get Kate Bosworth’s Romantic Braided Updo
Kate Bosworth always nails it in the beauty department, whether it’s her signature glowing skin or a trendy neon lip. At Wednesday’s launch party for her new app, Style Thief, she turned heads with a romantic, of-the-moment braided updo. We like to think of it as a more relaxed take on the milkmaid. Stylist Bridget Brager twisted Bosworth’s strands into a slightly messy tangle of plaits using just a few products. The added bonus? In addition to looking lovely, braids take your hair up and off your back, keeping you cool as the summer heats up. Get the look with the pro’s five easy steps:
1. Start by spritzing your hair with Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray from roots to ends.
2. Give your hair a rough blow-dry with your hands, concentrating on lifting strands away from the scalp for added volume.
3. Next, create a “disheveled, deep part” to one side.
3. Starting at the crown, begin braiding forward “so the braid falls toward the forehead, canceling the hairline, which gives a soft, romantic feel,” Brager explained. Then, start a second and third plait at the temples, braiding back on each side.
4. Add a touch of Kevin Murphy Easy Rider pomade to each braid to tame flyaways and boost shine. Loosen the braids as you go to avoid looking too “done.”
5. Weave the braids together around the back of the head, pinning them low for a “halo effect.” Finish with a light coat of L’Oréal Paris Elnett Hairspray. Don’t fret if a few pieces fall out—it adds to the bohemian vibe. We also suggest using bobby pins that match your hair color for a seamless finish.