Style.com

Where do I get slides to add to my Lookbooks?

You can add slides to your Lookbooks from slideshows in the Fashion Shows, News & Trends, People & Parties, Shopping, and Beauty sections of Style.com. You can also add slides to your Lookbooks from other users' public Lookbooks.

To save a slide from a Style.com slideshow, select the "Add to My Lookbook" link found below the image. To save a slide from another user's public Lookbook to your own, click "Add to Lookbooks" beneath the slide you want. If you have one Lookbook in your account, the slide will automatically be added to that Lookbook. If you have multiple Lookbooks in your account, you can choose which Lookbook(s) you want the slide to appear in.

How do I manage my Lookbooks?

Create new Lookbooks by selecting "Add New Lookbook" from the "Your Lookbooks" menu. Enter your new Lookbook name and click "Save." Your new Lookbook will appear in the menu under "Your Lookbooks."

To rename or delete a Lookbook, click "Edit Title."

Edit Lookbooks by using the "Edit Slides--Thumbnail," "Edit Slides--Detail," and "Save/Publish Lookbook" pages.

What's the difference between private and public Lookbooks?

A private Lookbook is for your eyes only. A public Lookbook can be viewed by all of Style.com's users.

How do I arrange the order of my slides?

This can be done in two ways. The first is to use the "Edit Slides--Thumbnail" and "Edit Slides--Detail" pages: Number a slide in the text box below it and click the "Save" button. The slide will then be reordered. You can do this for one slide at a time.

The second way is to drag and drop your slides into place using either the "Edit Slides--Thumbnail" or "Edit Slides--Detail" pages. Simply click on a slide and move it where you please. Note that the "Edit Slides--Thumbnail" page affords more flexibility when reordering slides. This view allows you to rearrange order among a maximum of 48 slides at a time, whereas the "Edit Slides--Detail" page permits reordering within a sequence of four.

If you notice that all your slides are not initially displayed on the "Edit Slides--Thumbnail" page, please click the "View More Slides" button to load more of your slides to the page. Up to 48 slides are loaded at a time.

How do I enlarge the images on the "Edit Slides--Thumbnail" page?

For a closer view, click on any of the images on the page.

How do I enlarge a thumbnail image on the "Edit Slides--Detail" page?

For a closer view, click on one of the four thumbnail images to highlight it in the bottom row. Then, click on the image again to make it the featured image on the page.

How do I add/edit a note?

To add/edit notes, go to the "Edit Slides--Detail" page. Click the "Edit" button located next to each slide in the "My Notes" section. Add your notes in the space provided and select "Save." Your slide will be updated with your notes. To edit an existing note, select the "Edit" button below the saved comments, then save all changes. You can also add a note using the "Add Note" button under the selected thumbnail image on the "Edit Slides--Thumbnail" page.

How do I add a slide from one of my Lookbooks to another?

To add a slide to a different Lookbook, click the "Add to Lookbooks" button on the "Edit Slides--Detail" or "Preview Lookbook" pages and select the Lookbook you'd like the slide to appear in. You can also use the drag and drop function on the "Edit Slides--Thumbnail" and "Edit Slides--Detail" pages to move thumbnail images into other Lookbooks listed under "Your Lookbooks."

How do I delete slides from one of my Lookbooks?

Delete a slide on the "Edit Slides--Detail" page by clicking the "Remove Slide" button beside the featured image. You can also delete a slide by clicking the "X" symbol that is displayed for the selected thumbnail on both the "Edit Slides--Thumbnail" and "Edit Slides--Detail" pages. If this same slide is saved to multiple Lookbooks, it will only be removed from the Lookbook you are currently viewing.

How do I navigate between the full-size and thumbnail views on the "Preview Lookbook" pop-up window?

For the thumbnail view, click "Browse by Thumbnails." For a closer view, click on any of the images on the page or select the "See Full-Size View" button at the top right-hand side of the "Preview Lookbook" page.

How do I e-mail/share my slides with friends?

To e-mail a specific slide in a private Lookbook: Click the "E-mail to a Friend" link located on the "Preview Lookbook" pop-up window. Fill out the required fields, choose whether you wish to have your notes included, and click "Submit."

You can also e-mail the entire contents of a private Lookbook after clicking the "Save" button on the "Save/Publish Lookbook" page. On the "Thank You" page, click the "E-mail to a Friend" link. Fill out the required fields, choose whether you wish to have your notes included, and click "Submit." Note: Only the first 50 images will be e-mailed.

To e-mail a specific slide in a public Lookbook: Click the "E-mail to a Friend" link located on the "Full Size" page. Fill out the required fields and click "Submit." A link to the slide will be e-mailed.

You can also e-mail the entire contents of a public Lookbook of yours after clicking the "Publish" button on the "Save/Publish Lookbook" page. On the "Thank You" page, click the "E-mail to a Friend" link and click "Submit." A link to your public Lookbook will be e-mailed to friends.

How can I print my slides?

You can print a single slide from the "Preview" and "Full Size" pages by clicking the "Print" link. A pop-up window will appear, showing a print preview of the page. Select "Print." Or, you can print up to 20 slides at a time from a specific Lookbook on either the "Edit Slides--Thumbnail" or "Browse Thumbnails" page by selecting the "Print" link. A pop-up window will appear, showing a print preview of the page. Select "Print."

How do I publish a Lookbook?

On the "Save/Publish Lookbook" page, choose "Public" for your status. Fill out all required fields and click the "Publish Lookbook" button. Your Lookbook will then be published, and you can invite your friends to view it.

How do I edit my profile?

Edit your profile by selecting "My Profile" at the top right-hand side of the page. This will pull up your profile page for editing. Make any necessary changes, and click "Update."

How do I change the status of a Lookbook?

On the "Save/Publish Lookbook" page, click the "Private" or "Public" status buttons to change the selected status. In this way, it's easy to change a Lookbook from private to public, or the reverse.

How do I edit the description of a Lookbook?

On the "Save/Publish Lookbook" page, edit the description of your Lookbook by writing text in the "Description" field. If the Lookbook is private, click the "Save" button; if the Lookbook is public, click the "Publish Lookbook" button if the lookbook has not been previously published or the "Re-Publish Lookbook" button if the lookbook has been previously published.

What is a category?

A category broadly describes a Lookbook's subject area (Runway Looks, Models, etc.) and allows you, and other users, to browse and sort Lookbooks more efficiently.

How do I add a category to a Lookbook?

On the "Save/Publish Lookbook" page, click the category drop-down menu and select one.

What is a tag?

More specific than a category, a tag is a word or phrase that characterizes your Lookbook. As you type, the autocomplete function in the "Tag It" box on the "Save/Publish Lookbook" page will suggest matching tags, which you can accept or override.

How do I add tags to a Lookbook?

On the "Save/Publish Lookbook" page, type a tag in the "Tags" text box. After the first three letters are entered, a list of suggested tags will appear. You can choose a suggested tag or continue adding one of your own.

How do I view/browse public Lookbooks?

View and browse public and featured Lookbooks on the "Public Lookbooks" page. Browse by category/tag, rating, "Most Recent", and "Staff Picks". Within specific "Browse by" pages, you can refine your search by clicking on user name, category, and tag hyperlinks for each Lookbook. On the "Browse by" pages, click on the Lookbook title or image to view the Lookbook.

How do I use the "Browse by Tags" page?

The 50 tags used most frequently are sized according to popularity. Click on a tag, and you will be directed to the "Browse Tags Results" page, where Lookbooks associated with that tag will be displayed.

How do I rate a Lookbook?

You must be registered and logged in to rate Lookbooks. Rate a Lookbook on the "Browse Thumbnails" and "Full Size" pages by clicking the "Rate It" button at the top of the page. Click the star or stars that reflect your rating. Once you make your selection, your choice will be saved. Please note that you can rate a Lookbook more than once, but only your most recent rating will count toward the final tally. You cannot rate your own Lookbook.

How do I see featured or celebrity Lookbooks?

You can view featured or celebrity Lookbooks by clicking on the "Staff Picks" link on the "Public Lookbooks" page.

Subscribe to Style.com today!