One person who won’t be at this evening’s big CFDA shindig is Thom Browne. Last year’s Menswear winner is catching a flight to Japan for the final leg of promotion for his collection for Brooks Brothers. Calvin Klein’s Italo Zucchelli, a contender for this year’s Menswear awards, wouldn’t miss it for the world, and he’ll have Alicia Keys as his date. "It’s also my birthday," said the designer. "So I’ll have two good luck charms." Rodarte’s Kate and Laura Mulleavy will have a musical accompaniment, too. They’re bringing Rilo Kiley’s Jenny Lewis.
- The Problem With Google’s Driverless Car, Downton Abbey‘s Strange Underwear Rules, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Dressing for Fame: Penny Lovell Talks Working With Taylor Schilling, Sex and the City‘s Lasting Influence, and More
- Editor Obsessions: Rainbow’s Cheap Fashion Thrills
- Summer Fridays: Out of Office With ArtBinder App Founder Alexandra Chemla
- Through Cédric’s Eyes: Devon Aoki in Jeremy Scott
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more