The fashion week invitation inundation persists, but some continue to stand out. Obedient Sons apparently sent its invite from a far-off desert isle: It arrived inside a wax-sealed glass bottle. We know not to expect anything run-of-the-mill from cartwheeling Betsey Johnson, and her prom-themed invite—complete with yearbook photos of the designer as a young prom "princess"—didn’t disappoint. On the party end, Calvin Klein announced the launch of its latest line, Steel, on an invitation made of metal. Subtle. But the envelope that made the biggest impression on us wasn’t flashy or full of swag. It was the handwritten one we received to the presentation of Chloë Sevigny’s debut line at Opening Ceremony. And by handwritten we mean by Chloë, and the envelope, too. Yes, we’ll be there.
- Prince George Turns 1, Makes Headlines
- Fifty Shades of Grey Director Sam Taylor-Johnson Takes Us Inside Coco Chanel’s Paris Pad
- Editor Obsessions: Issey Miyake’s Bao Bao Platinum Tote
- Zac Posen Loves Tibetan Singing Bowls, Is Opposed to Neutering Culture
- Hood by Air Debuts Pre-Spring Collection and a Vision for the Future
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more