The fashion week invitation inundation persists, but some continue to stand out. Obedient Sons apparently sent its invite from a far-off desert isle: It arrived inside a wax-sealed glass bottle. We know not to expect anything run-of-the-mill from cartwheeling Betsey Johnson, and her prom-themed invite—complete with yearbook photos of the designer as a young prom "princess"—didn’t disappoint. On the party end, Calvin Klein announced the launch of its latest line, Steel, on an invitation made of metal. Subtle. But the envelope that made the biggest impression on us wasn’t flashy or full of swag. It was the handwritten one we received to the presentation of Chloë Sevigny’s debut line at Opening Ceremony. And by handwritten we mean by Chloë, and the envelope, too. Yes, we’ll be there.
- The Looks That Should Have Walked the Comic-Con Red Carpet
- At Colorado’s Pot-Themed Wedding, Everybody Raised a Grass
- Editor Obsessions: Moschino’s Irreverent Tee
- Dressing for Fame: Versace, J.Lo, RiRi Gone Rogue, and More Career Tidbits from Stylists Mariel Haenn and Rob Zangardi
- Courtney Love Says Kurt Cobain Biopic Is in the Works
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more