The fashion week invitation inundation persists, but some continue to stand out. Obedient Sons apparently sent its invite from a far-off desert isle: It arrived inside a wax-sealed glass bottle. We know not to expect anything run-of-the-mill from cartwheeling Betsey Johnson, and her prom-themed invite—complete with yearbook photos of the designer as a young prom "princess"—didn’t disappoint. On the party end, Calvin Klein announced the launch of its latest line, Steel, on an invitation made of metal. Subtle. But the envelope that made the biggest impression on us wasn’t flashy or full of swag. It was the handwritten one we received to the presentation of Chloë Sevigny’s debut line at Opening Ceremony. And by handwritten we mean by Chloë, and the envelope, too. Yes, we’ll be there.
- Runway to Red Carpet: Emma Watson, Diane Kruger, Nicola Peltz, and More of This Week’s Highlights
- Raf Simons x Ruby Sterling is Coming to a Computer Screen New You
- Editor Obsessions: Sunspel’s New Side Panel T-Shirt
- Model Elettra Wiedemann Rethinks the Word “Foodie”
- Summer Friday: How Two Top Music Publicists Spend Their Afternoons Out of the Office
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more