As September gets underway and fashion season approaches, Colette is hosting three widely varying exhibits. Helvetica celebrates the 50th anniversary of this iconic font—it’s the store’s house favorite—with graphics and a documentary film made by Gary Hustwit; 200 Troubled Teens looks at adolescent skateboarders and heavy-metal fans photographed by, respectively, Patrick O’Dell and Angela Boatwright; and Seven features limited-edition lasered skateboard art. Typography, teen angst, and decked-out decks—if you need a break from either clothes or sightseeing, you’ve got your choice. All exhibits are up from September 3 to 29. For more information, see www.colette.fr.
- Victoire de Castellane’s Bejeweled Garden, Now Growing at Gagosian Gallery
- Video Fashion Week Goes on With Edeline Lee, Samuji, and Katie Ermilio
- Vanessa Friedman Joins the New York Times as Fashion Director and Critic
- And the 2014 CFDA Fashion Award Nominees Are…
- Inès de la Fressange—French Aristocrat—Hits the High Street With Uniqlo
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more