As September gets underway and fashion season approaches, Colette is hosting three widely varying exhibits. Helvetica celebrates the 50th anniversary of this iconic font—it’s the store’s house favorite—with graphics and a documentary film made by Gary Hustwit; 200 Troubled Teens looks at adolescent skateboarders and heavy-metal fans photographed by, respectively, Patrick O’Dell and Angela Boatwright; and Seven features limited-edition lasered skateboard art. Typography, teen angst, and decked-out decks—if you need a break from either clothes or sightseeing, you’ve got your choice. All exhibits are up from September 3 to 29. For more information, see www.colette.fr.
- Editor Obsessions: Barbour Bedale Jacket
- Kesha, A$AP Ferg, and More Reveal All in a Hilarious New Haim Video; Tom Hanks Tops the App Charts; and More of the News You Missed Today
- Selfie Promotion: Timur Kim’s New T-Shirts Are a Social Media Addict’s Dream
- The Ice Bucket Just Got Much Chicer, Thanks to Gisele Bündchen and Mario Testino
- 16 Years in, A.F. Vandevorst Opens Its First Shop
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more