There comes a moment in a model’s career when the hoopla surrounding the international fashion shows becomes just too much. (One can assume that this typically coincides with the achievement of a hefty day rate, making shows not worth the pennies.) Hence the disappearance of such catwalk favorites as Daria Werbowy and Karolina Kurkova, whose occasional runway appearances—we’ve heard a rumor that Daria will be at Chanel next week, but it’s not been confirmed—are now hotly anticipated. But while photographers, editors, and fellow models jump on the collections train from New York to London to Milan to Paris, a question remains for the girls that have hopped off: What to do with this free time? While one answer is sign up for the money jobs and commercial shoots, another is to paaartay! The latter was the case for supers Jacquetta Wheeler, Caroline Winberg, and Gemma Ward, who were all spotted at The Box this weekend. Not that we can blame them; as the rest of their sample-sized sisters were boarding planes to Milan for a hectic week of shows, these girls were catching Manhattan’s raunchiest cabaret performance.
- Prince George Turns 1, Makes Headlines
- Fifty Shades of Grey Director Sam Taylor-Johnson Takes Us Inside Coco Chanel’s Paris Pad
- Editor Obsessions: Issey Miyake’s Bao Bao Platinum Tote
- Zac Posen Loves Tibetan Singing Bowls, Is Opposed to Neutering Culture
- Hood by Air Debuts Pre-Spring Collection and a Vision for the Future
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more