“I made it!” Sarah Jessica Parker exclaimed, greeting husband Matthew Broderick halfway down the red carpet with a big hug. Parker, on a break between red-carpet duties of her own, was at last night’s Cinema Society screening of “And Then She Found Me” purely in support-staff mode, and she left plenty of room on the rug for Broderick and his co-stars. Helen Hunt, in gold second-skin Dolce & Gabbana, most likely appreciated the space, as she had two red-carpet slots to fill. “I started wanting to act in it,” Hunt said of the film. “Then I thought I wouldn’t act in it, I would direct it; and in the end I just did all of it.” For her first directing venture, Hunt seemed pretty pleased. “It was a dream come true,” she said. “All I wanted, really, was to work with great actors, and I got a million of them in this movie.” Three in particular: Besides Broderick, Hunt plays alongside Colin Firth and Bette Midler. Midler, who materializes as Hunt’s suddenly involved birth mother, had her own take on the film. “It reminds me of that Dr. Seuss book, ‘Horton Hatches the Egg.’ You remember it? The elephant sits on the egg the whole time and then the magpie comes and says, ‘My baby!’ It was a lot like that.” Er, we know just what you mean, Bette.
- Innocence Found: 1 Granary Debuts Its Impressive Second Issue
- Tom Ford Challenges Nicolas Ghesquière and Hedi Slimane, Drake Delivers His Belated VMA Acceptance Speech, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Legends of the Court: Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Team Up to Make Sneaker History
- EXCLUSIVE: Matches Fashion Unveils Its Third Issue of The Style Report
- Swedes Do It Better: Altewaisaome and Sun Buddies Collaborate for Spring ’15
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more