There’s a cheerful surprise in the June 2008 Vogue Nippon—a tiny enamel-and-gold Hello Kitty keepsake. The little charm is part of a collaboration between the cartoon cat, the Japanese glossy, and John Galliano and Dior, and marks the first time the storied French label has had an animated model. The issue features a “photo shoot” of HK modeling the complete Fall 2008 Dior collection, photos of the much-loved feline romping about a Dior boutique, and a collage of famous faces and their Hello Kitty companions and accessories (including fellow Vogue-ers Carine Roitfeld and Grace Coddington). Not being fluent in Japanese, we can’t tell you too much more. But we do recommend picking up a copy when the issue hits newsstands on the 26th, if only to see what Dior looks like on a short-legged, curvy model. With whiskers.
- Claire Goldsmith Keeps It in the Family
- Dressing for Fame: Kemal Harris, Stylist to Robin Wright and Idina Menzel, on Making Sure Her Clients Never Show Up Naked
- Humberto Leon Weighs In on Natasha Lyonne’s Custom OC Emmy Awards Dress
- Editor Obsessions: Vintage Alaïa Black Hooded Zipper Dress
- Cheap Monday Takes You Front-Row at Stockholm Fashion Week
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more