a day in the life of: malkiel berry, pr director for colette-------
Friday, October 3
I wake up at home in the 3rd after a great night of partying with some Colette friends at Le Lido. We went to see Nadège Winter, our former head of communications-turned-entertainment mogul and DJ.
At the office. Today is eventful!! We’re all working hard on organizing a great event this weekend chez Regine. It’s a Colette x Wonderwall party thrown with Masamichi Katayama’s agency, the people who entirely redesigned 213 rue Saint-Honoré, a.k.a. Colette HQ. Lists, last minute invites, phone calls, email frenzy.
I make a quick stop at the Carroussel du Louvre for Jean-Charles de Castelbajac’s show. It’s a breath of fresh air, with cool clothes and people. A great combination of creativity and fun: All these references from our childhood turned into hot pieces. Attending his shows brings back good memories, as I received an award from him in design school for my graduation collection.
After a quick bite, back to the office for some even more last-minute details: more e-mails, more phone calls…
The end of this Friday is quite hectic: At the store, Colette hosts not one, nor two, but five different cocktail parties/events at the same time:
Karl Lagerfeld is here to celebrate the launch of the Steiff teddy bear he designed in his image.
It’s tea time at the Water Bar for illustrator Will Broome, who designed a service—black graffiti-esque designs on white china—for Wedgwood.
The presentation of the latest Stone jewelry collection.
Model Hannelore Knuts is showing the clutches she designed with Belgian leather-goods maker Delvaux.
It’s the release of the Kiehl’s 100 percent biodegradable body care products created with Brad Pitt.
Home to shower and jump into Bless pants, a Comme des Garçons cardigan and a House of Holland T-shirt and moccasins.
I arrive at the ANDAM dinner at Club Cha Cha, the cool place du jour, to celebrate Gareth Pugh‘s award for his incredible and outstanding work.
- The Problem With Google’s Driverless Car, Downton Abbey‘s Strange Underwear Rules, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Dressing for Fame: Penny Lovell Talks Working With Taylor Schilling, Sex and the City‘s Lasting Influence, and More
- Editor Obsessions: Rainbow’s Cheap Fashion Thrills
- Summer Fridays: Out of Office With ArtBinder App Founder Alexandra Chemla
- Through Cédric’s Eyes: Devon Aoki in Jeremy Scott
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more