Lingerie Miami Brings the Sizzle-------
While New Yorkers mostly stuck to indoor activities this weekend, guests at Lingerie Miami Saturday night were happy to be al fresco. The flesh-friendly host city flaunted some of its best assets at the outdoor fashion show in front of the majestic Vizcaya palazzo in Coral Gables, and while a retreating cold front tried to spoil the fun, the models seemed oblivious to their goose bumps. Host Eva Longoria Parker had a personal space heater brought in, and after enough getups from Agent Provocateur, Fifi Chachnil, and Carine Gilson, the air felt downright sultry.
Agent Provocateur made the most of it, presenting 35 creatively accessorized looks (a whip here, a shopping cart there) and, naturellement, a few takes on the French maid. “A girl that comes out in lingerie and is able to walk the walk will make a man do anything. It’s like a superhero costume for women,” brand creator Joe Corre mused afterward. Expect to see more sexy crime fighters on a runway near you: Organizer Renata M. Black is planning to hold a similar event in New York next February. “Victoria’s Secret can only be a monopoly for so long,” she pointed out.
Proceeds from the evening went toward loans for underprivileged women, a gesture that guest speaker Deepak Chopra (who rubbed elbows with the likes of Elsa Benitez, Ines Rivero, and co-host Veronica Webb) linked to the larger imperative to “harness the female elements and forces of the universe” in the hope of ultimately achieving world peace. Who knew lace corsets could do all that?
- What to Buy This Weekend: Labor Day Designer Steals
- Abercrombie Loses the Logo, Angelina Jolie’s Wedding Dress Details, and More of the News You Missed Today
- EXCLUSIVE: Barbie’s New Designer Looks by Rebecca Taylor, Tess Giberson, and More
- Get Inked: 10 Models Show Off Their Tattoos
- Mary Katrantzou Liberates the Letter Sweater
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more