August 23 2014

styledotcom Three questions for a powerhouse player in Brazil's fashion scene: stylem.ag/XEntdC pic.twitter.com/j36jpxEAvF

Yea, Nay, or Eh: Jennifer Connelly in Balmain

Jennifer Connelly wore Balmain’s gorgeous emerald green, bold-shouldered look number two from the Spring 2009 collection (complete with the highly coveted strappy crystal and stud-embellished sandals) to last night’s premiere of He’s Just Not That Into You. (Elephant in room: Yes, Connelly is a little on the thin side these days, but it’s reportedly the result of having recently lost her father.) Nevertheless, we think the intense color looks amazing with her dark hair and fair skin. While her co-stars—Scarlett Johansson in a floral Oscar de la Renta gown; Drew Barrymore in strapless Lanvin—also turned it out in high style, Connelly is still our favorite of the night. What do you think, Style Filers? Yea to Connelly in Balmain, or are you just not that into it? (Sorry, we couldn’t resist.)

Photo: Steve Granitz/Wireimage

Comments

1. DUSKIN says:

SHE LOOKS AMAZING!

2. RaleighFashionista says:

I love love love the color but the dress itself looks a bit “Deranged Tinkerbell on Ice” for me. And as The Fug Girls said, that’s a WHOLE lotta shoe.

3. jA_1 says:

Definitely! Go Jennifer! SOOO HOT!

4. TRK says:

I would cut her for those shoes (just a turn of phrase, I’m non-violent), but the dress is a wee bit on the short side (pun intended). I hate the weird shark-victim hem, but the color, shape, and sparkle factor are fabulous.

5. FENTON says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT ALL….and dying for HJNTIY tomorrow!!!!!

6. davidanna says:

Oh, yea, definitely. She has the body of a working supermodel + Carine Roitfeld’s daring taste. Thank God she got to wear a stunner outfit from Decarnin’s collection – only a few celebs could pull this off.

7. laurenkdavis says:

NAY. Trying too hard and the shoes are not flattering on her feet. (and those shoes should look good on anyone!)

8. tr_ro says:

I love the dress on her and I think she is the perfect chic for that dress; however, I think the shoes dont go well with it… and I would have liked to see other hairstyle… but she still looks good!

9. janejane1187 says:

oh my goodness, this is absolutely stunning. all you naysayers must be crazy! decarnin’s work for balmain just keeps getting better, and this super-short dress with strong shoulders, as well as the fabulous shoes, make for a daring, breathtaking ensemble!

also, i hate to say it, but the first thing i thought when i saw the pic is how great her legs look… then the weight-loss thing was mentioned. oops.

10. chanr4 says:

She works the Balmain look! Not sure about the sandals though…

11. nhughey says:

I’ve never seen Jennifer Connelly looking anything but lovely – she chooses edgy designs that aren’t even my style, but they suit her (probably as contrast to her extreme prettiness) and looks comfortable in them.

12. marvoi says:

she looks oh-so fierce but the weight thing is probably why the shoes don’t look as good as they should, they look superloose on her… other than that, it’s a perfect look.

13. PlanetTogs says:

Digging the dress shape and style, but not the color and excessive amount of sequins. Way too much green, imho.

“Going beyond Paris, NY, Milan,…”

14. TheDealer says:

I love the look
    she looks amazing
    i had to post it on my blog http://www.addicted2glamour.blogspot.com

The Dealer

15. styleicon1 says:

what time was this premiere? The orange dress looked like a day number.

16. devman7 says:

this dress has a beautiful color and the details are very intricate. but i think the shoes dont match the look they are more a tough, can i say biker even. where as the dress is not that.

17. Freckles23 says:

She is a gorgeous woman and this is a gorgeous look! I would wear that dress any day. I’m not that fond of the shoes, but she somehow manages to still look good, I think. Haha.

The dress is great but her shoes and attitude not. She looks in the pic like an shy girl who don’t know how to stand for the camera, awfull pic of her, sorry.

19. mlfavata says:

I love it. Gorgeous color.
    Maria

20. sharati says:

She, as a person is amazing! her choice of dress on the other hand screams ‘fashion victim (as always),’ as anyone who wears balmain!

Trend Tracking