At Lakmé fashion week, under way in Mumbai, it’s all about Naomi—Campbell, that is, in town to raise money and awareness for victims of the November 26 terrorist attacks on the city. Giving lie to her reputation as modeling’s enfant terrible, she graciously welcomed well-wishers such as Dior ambassador Kalyani Chawla, Vikram Chatwal, and Condé Nast India managing director Alex Kuruvilla at an ultra-exclusive cocktail hosted by power couple Bandana Tewari, fashion features director of Vogue India, and her husband, Ravi Krishnan. The next day, after hours of back-to-back interviews, Campbell did a drive-by at Queenie Dhody and Vikram Chatwal’s post-show fête at the city’s main hot spot, the multilevel, glass-enclosed China House. And editors are abuzz with rumors that she might grace the cover of one of the country’s newly launched fashion glossies. Given Vogue‘s scorecard so far—Freida Pinto, Victoria Beckham, and Aishwarya Rai—fashion bookies are weighting the odds in its favor.
- Claire Goldsmith Keeps It in the Family
- Dressing for Fame: Kemal Harris, Stylist to Robin Wright and Idina Menzel, on Making Sure Her Clients Never Show Up Naked
- Humberto Leon Weighs In on Natasha Lyonne’s Custom OC Emmy Awards Dress
- Editor Obsessions: Vintage Alaïa Black Hooded Zipper Dress
- Cheap Monday Takes You Front-Row at Stockholm Fashion Week
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more