We heard “Shake That Devil,” by Antony and the Johnsons, twice within two hours today, first at Anne Valérie Hash and then at Kris Van Assche—not really surprising, considering both designers talked about strong silhouettes in a time of economic crisis. We know three is a trend, but the only thing we’ll be really surprised about is if we don’t hear the song (off the EP Another World, released last fall) again before the end of Paris next week. For more on music from the shows, see our Milan runway soundtrack guide.
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more