Proof that Domino, the former shelter mag, still has cachet came in the form of a line that snaked around West 9th Street, across Fifth Avenue, and down West 10th Street on Saturday morning as the design savvy heeded the call to the Tastemaker’s Tag Sale organized by former editors Tom Delavan and Dara Caponigro (with additional contributions from the likes of Rita Konig and Deborah Needleman). “I heard it was a two-hour wait, and people seemed happy to linger,” said Delavan, who watched a Balenciaga dress sell for $150 and bolts of fabrics fly faster than expected. Hungry for more? Delevan and co. are considering another TTS in the Hamptons this summer, or they might make it an annual event. Stay tuned for details.
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more