The Tailor On Giambattista Valli’s Speed Dial-------
Yesterday may have been the unofficial start of summer, but there’s still another month of New York benefits before the party set packs up and ships itself off to the Hamptons for the duration. That means you’re going to need more dresses. If you blew what was left of your clothing budget on that
Alexander Wang shorts suit and you’ve called in your last favor from your friends in PR, it might be time to re-evaluate what you have in your closet. By that we mean take an old frock to the tailor for a makeover, and by that we mean Cititailor’s Ilya Kandov and Natalya Kogan. The go-to needle workers of everyone from Alberta Ferretti to Giambattista Valli, Kandov and Kogan can do more, much more, than fix a hem and let out a seam. Having plied their trade at Bergdorf Goodman before launching their own business two and a half years ago, the Russian natives know dresses from the inside out. Need something altered from a size four to a size eight? Done. Size ten? No problem. Want your favorite L.B.D. in white or shocking pink? They can do that too. In other words, when you get tired of those tennis-ball shoulders in your spangled Balmain, Cititailor is where you should take it.
Cititailor, 5 E. 59th St., sixth floor, (212) 759-6004.
- The Jungle Book Gets the Hollywood Treatment, a Reason to Toast to Kate Moss’ Breast, and More of the News You Missed Today
- The CFDA Celebrates 20 Years of Philanthropy With Maria Sharapova
- Martha’s Vineyard Essentials
- Gia Coppola on Her Family’s Wine Legacy and the Importance of a Screw-Top Bottle
- EXCLUSIVE: Maybelline New York Partners With Made
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more