The Ultimate Bridal Boot Camp-------
I’ll admit to a serious envy of Kelly Ripa’s toned upper arms. With my wedding less than two months away and my own triceps looking less than camera-ready in my Fendi gown (Spring ’08), I decided to go straight to the source. Ripa, along with Christy Turlington and Parker Posey, are devotees of Physique 57—which offers classes in a hardcore mix of Pilates, cardio, and ballet developed by a Wall Street exec and former Lotte Berk Method teacher. The hour-long session—led by two cheerful instructors whose bodies rival Madonna’s (which we all saw plenty of at the Met ball)—incorporates isometric movements that target the arms, abs, butt, and thighs with almost no rest between sets. It’s grueling and punishing, but judging by the fact that I can’t move the following day, I’d say I’m making progress. Next up: the out-of-control guest list.
Physique 57, 24 W. 57th St., NYC, (212) 399-0570, www.physique57.com.
- What to Buy This Weekend: Labor Day Designer Steals
- Abercrombie Loses the Logo, Angelina Jolie’s Wedding Dress Details, and More of the News You Missed Today
- EXCLUSIVE: Barbie’s New Designer Looks by Rebecca Taylor, Tess Giberson, and More
- Get Inked: 10 Models Show Off Their Tattoos
- Mary Katrantzou Liberates the Letter Sweater
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more