July 30 2014

styledotcom Our five favorite braids this summer: stylem.ag/1nTHNCn pic.twitter.com/794iUpJO5v

Yea, Nay, Or Eh: Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann

Back in March, we argued that the corseted cutaway tailcoat in cranberry worn with a long silk satin skirt with a train that

Haider Ackermann put on his Fall runway “would make an inspired red-carpet choice for a lithe Hollywood type with an adventurous spirit.” And now Tilda Swinton has gone and worn them on the first night of Cannes. We’re not going to take any credit; the actress has proven she has a daring sense of style time and again—remember that Lanvin “trash bag” dress? But we do think that Ackermann’s seductive way with drape suits her. What about you?

Photo: Dominique Charriau / WireImage

Comments

1. turnOUT says:

I think it looks perfect on her…and I’m sure she got the hint from the comment before…

2. marika7 says:

wow this looks lovely on her. amazing against her skin.

It looks like that Mrs. Swinton never use the right ‘outfit’ for whatever event. This 48 year old Scottish actress, seems to wanna shock always. Maybe even without her knowledge, okay I can life with it, but with her Scottish/English skin color, always very white, I would recommand to her take some days in the sun and don’t bleach your hair. Give it the original color back and I assure you that she will look much better in the dresses she wore or will be wearing. Just a little advice to her, nothing more or less, arriverderci

4. andeee says:

so sick of everyone having to be tan, the whole world should not have the same color skin! Love the pale skin with bold color, it brings out the pale which is lovely

5. russellmimi says:

I love the fact that she dares to break the mold and take risks and has a radical sense of style. She is elegant and different

6. nhughey says:

It’s so nice to see her in color & something pretty, her style can be severe sometimes.

7. Spike413 says:

She looks great! I loved that look on the runway, and she has the perfect frame to do it justice. My only complaint is that she’s no longer a red-head. That color with her pale skin and red hair would’ve been just incredible.

8. Emma59 says:

It is a yes. I love her daring style, despite the bad comments she gets on some of her outfits. Now here is the question, why in the world would someone give this outfit a no ( that is only my opinion).

9. rubydoobie says:

She’s an individual- never boring or safe. She looks particularly elegant and regal here.

This woman is one walking, talking, breathing, acting fashion house! Despite the labels, her choices appear to have more Tilda Swindon in them then anything – almost a coherent collection awaiting authoship…

Notmod -this woman is a walking, talking etc acting fashion house-. How are you so sure? I’m not only because of the color of her hair. It doesn’t fits her pale color of her skin. About her dress yes it’s a marvelous design, but not for her.

You are right, such sure-footed opinion needs justification. Look no further then our disagreeing! And the record of other sure-footed disagreement on her choice of dress… Must be a good sign.

Trend Tracking