Last night’s CFDA after-party at the just-opened Jane Ballroom in the West Village was a coronation of sorts for the newest after-hours spot from the Waverly Inn’s Sean MacPherson and Eric Goode. Judging by the shindig’s big get—a celebratory Kate and Laura Mulleavy of Rodarte, plus a beaming Kirsten Dunst —the Jane could well fill this summer’s West Side Beatrice void. Julia Restoin-Roitfeld, Genevieve Jones, and Alexander Wang (also fresh from his win) swung by the Opening Ceremony and Black Frame-hosted soirée, where guests spilled out from the bar into the very baroque lounge (complete with fireplace, stuffed ram, and huge disco ball). The promise of a soon-to-be-opened outdoor space and weekly events—think game night—from Matt Kliegman and Carlos Quirarte, the boys behind the Smile, bodes well for the space’s future cocktail-related endeavors. See you there.
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more