July 23 2014

styledotcom "It was a passion project before, and now it's a business." @shayneHBA stylem.ag/1ls8iZB pic.twitter.com/3fgDMq3s4M

Yea, Nay, Or Eh: Anne Hathaway In—What Else?—Marchesa

You can count on Anne Hathaway to look nothing less than glamorous when a red carpet is involved, and last night’s premiere of Shakespeare in the Park’s Twelfth Night was no exception. We’re happy to see she went with hometown favorite Marchesa for her Central Park debut, but why no bling? What do you think: Does Hathaway’s choice to go sans necklace give this metallic frock a modern look, or does she look like she rushed out the door before she could properly accessorize?

Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris / Wire Image

Comments

1. flightofthedreamer says:

I think the dress lends enough bling so that she could get away with no necklace, however, a fab pair of chunky earings would have been great. Also, what’s with the hair? Is there that much humidity in NYC that she should be excused for that bed-head? Don’t get me wrong I am a big fan of Anne’s style (usually). I suppose everyone is allowed an off night.

2. SalescoopCaro says:

I love this dress, and I think it looks good without a necklace. Because it as interesting dress, and also happens to be metallic, the extra bling was not needed! She could have added a bracelet or bigger earrings, though!

Caroline

3. wendyrode says:

No bling, fine. But nail polish, maybe?

I’m sorry to the other commentators, but this dress is awfull. Okay it has a metallic look but in my opinion she never had to choose this dress, she’s not glamorous at all in this dress. It don’t disturbed me that she was not wearing a necklace or any other jewelry but the dress isn’t made for her. Most of the time she had/have a better choice of dressing herself up. This is really a disaster and I agree with another comment her hair is unflattering for her, how come? Va bene for now arriverderci.

5. Lori144 says:

Actually, Anne is wearing jewelry by Kimberly McDonald. Take a look at the first finger of her left hand…

McDonald’s jewelry is exquisitely understated, ethereal in feeling, and organic in presentation. I’m surprised you didn’t think to ask her publicist about her look…

Lori Ettlinger Gross

Does jewelry have to be large enough to show from this distance?

7. Gouveia says:

not bad…
    but nothing will beat that one shoulder red marchesa dress that she used at the oscars in 2008

8. flygirlsass says:

i love her dress and shoes but i don’t think they look good together

9. Ian_Larraga says:

I don’t think this dress looks that attractive on Anne, especially at the waist with that wide belt. It’s a nice dress on its own and Anne always looks great but the combination (at least to me) leaves much to be desired. I love Marchesa but you should always wear a dress that flatters your figure and accentuates your best features.

10. zfraley says:

This dress and shoes combo is a little too homecoming dance for me. And the hair is… meh. Jewelry could help, but I don’t think it would really turn this look into a stunner.

11. Jacquline says:

She looks great!But pair of earrings and nail polish would of given her a more finished look. Come check us out at http://www.BleuClothing.com for some great jewelry!

Trend Tracking