July 11 2014

styledotcom Taller than 5'9? This fashion line is for you: stylem.ag/1onIQFw @TTYALDN pic.twitter.com/1VFayn540Y

Yea, Nay, Or Eh: Camille Miceli’s Neon Dreams

Camille Miceli is one of those Parisian girls who gets it right every time with seemingly zero effort or contrivance. At last night’s opening of Nike and Lance Armstrong’s Stages art show to benefit cancer research at the Emmanuel Perrotin gallery, the creative director of LV’s jewelry pumped up the volume on her sheer black ensemble with not one, not two, but three matching electric green accessories: a pair of aviators, thin oversized hoops, and a watch. (That’s not even mentioning the KAWS painting behind her.) What do you think? A bright moment of je ne sais quoi or should she have followed the old fashion chestnut and taken off at least one accessory before leaving the house?

Photo: Courtesy of Nike

Comments

1. kawiline says:

Nay!! Nay!!

-Caroline
    street-spotted.com

2. moeysullivan says:

If she thought that the green accessories would compensate for the half-moons of nipple, she was mistaken.

3. shawanda says:

I’m leaning towards yea, but yeah, she maybe could have removed one accessory. Problem is, which one? The glasses are really the cherry on top but that only leaves ditching the earrings which would be a shame. And all from LV’s jewellery CD, which shows you don’t always need to bling to rock an outfit.

4. keeniun1 says:

Man, that is very nice. Very few can pull that off. As a man, I say thumbs up!!!

5. cedar_lea says:

I don’t think it would work nearly as well with only two pieces. The glasses are the most flashy thing she is wearing and the earrings and watch are simple in every way but color so they help draw everything together.

It’s very provocative but original too, as the creative director of Louis Vuitton and then to wear this accessories, I find it brilliant and that she dare to wear it is very brave of her because if you’re into the jewelry business you actually have to promote your articles. So YES I like the combination of what she wore that means including the green electric accessories. Thanks Meenal for this pic

7. M_fashionista says:

Def not feeling all the neon! but check out the awesome Red carter swim show in MIami!!

8. emileebby says:

Personally, this just looks tacky to me. But that’s just me. I do give her props for taking a brave step and actually wearing the neon accessories.

9. betseysgurl says:

No go on the green…nice way 2 try 2 tie a neon in, but sadly unsuccessful. The trick with sheer fabrics is to find that happy medium. It’s either tasteful & sexy or just plain bad & trashy. This outfit seems to fit the latter of the 2

10. fashionfoward101 says:

ugly looks like a hotmess not chic or trendy in anyway

11. tr_ro says:

I am a fan of see trough fabrics and humm I do like some neon color accesories, but this is a Nay… It looks kind of cheap…Hoops, sunglasses, watch it is really too much

12. SalescoopCaro says:

Eh- I like the look in theory but something is just a little off! Perhaps it is the extremely large hoop earrings that I’m not a fan of. Love the aviators, though!

Caroline

13. flightofthedreamer says:

Ugh…it looks like she bought her accessories in the children’s section of a 99-cent store. Normally im all for quirk…however… >=-O

14. girlcrush says:

I am surprised by this look. Camille is usually super chic. Did you see her new collection as head designer for Dior costume jewelry? Pretty amazing.
    Camille Miceli is profiled on girlcrush today.

Trend Tracking