Blasblog: Packing For Paris, Finalizing The Fêtes-------
When I opted out of Milan fashion week, I felt a bit pleased with myself. Post-London, seeing my colleagues pack their bags for yet another foreign city to stay in another hotel and see more fashion shows, I was happy to come home and recharge. But as I got the late-night texts and saw the shows here on Style.com, I started to feel left out. Maybe that’s why I’m raring to go to Paris tomorrow night for another week of fun, fashion, and fabulous parties.
Speaking of the latter, as I look at the schedule, I’m particularly intrigued. Here we are still in a recession and hearing tales of the industry’s economic woes, but I’ve got a full roster of late-night revelry. It starts with a Montblanc fête on October 1 and ends with a private cocktail at the Ritz (oh, how I’ve missed the Ritz!) hosted by Eugenie Niarchos for Repossi jewels. Sandwiched in between are nonstop party hops.
My top three? First, there’s Chrissie Miller’s Sophomore party at Le Baron on Saturday night. (Last year she introduced me to none other than Pamela Anderson. I’m curious to see who she’s got up her sleeve this time.) Then there’s Mario Testino’s book launch of MaRio de Janeiro (ha!) on Monday night. Finally, there’s another Fendi fête. Last season, Karl and co. hired Beth Ditto to perform and writhe around in barely a stitch while Kate and co. watched in shock and awe. Who have they got this time? It’s a surprise. Check back here for that tidbit and of course all the best parties and pics from the City of Light!
- Zac Posen Loves Tibetan Singing Bowls, Is Opposed to Neutering Culture
- Hood by Air Debuts Pre-Spring Collection and a Vision for the Future
- The Unapproved YSL Film Trailer Has Hit YouTube, and It’s Spicy
- Mandy Coon Is Back in Business With New Accessories and a New Perspective
- Shop the Look: Rainbow Bright
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more