From Russia With Airbrushing And Masks-------
“With this and then Allison Sarofim’s annual [pre-Halloween] costume party, I might as well call it a night on Halloween,” joked Fabiola Beracasa, who hosted last night’s Russian Masquerade-themed affair in a jewel-encrusted, floor-length gown, fur muffler, and hat.
The two-part masquerade started with a girl-bonding makeup session at Milk Studios, where a team from MAC was ready with airbrushing tricks and colored gems. Genevieve Jones showed up in all black, explaining, “I thought a blank palette was best for the makeup artists to do their tricks.” Sophia Lamar’s frilly Giambattista Valli dress and Minnie Mouse mask didn’t exactly say Moscow, but she carried the look with considerable panache. Wren designer Melissa Coker, in town from L.A. showing her line to buyers and editors, opted to go sans mask. “I’m wearing leather and lace, though,” Coker said, pointing out her outfit and the night’s drink of choice, Stoli’s Leather and Lace martini.
While it usually doesn’t take much convincing to motivate the fashion set to play dress-up, the full-on costumes at SL for part deux of the masked affair were impressively equal parts Doctor Zhivago and Eyes Wide Shut. Guests, including amazing gender-bendy model Martin Cohn (pictured above with Beracasa) and beauty blogger Sarah Howard, packed the two-month-old former Lotus space. Naturally, with the free-flowing vodka, the fancy-dress fête soon turned to a dance party atop the banquettes. Until next year, das vadanya.
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more