July 11 2014

styledotcom Modesty was the dominant theme during the second day of Berlin fashion week: stylem.ag/1lXloxm pic.twitter.com/U4SjhEhKlD

Yea, Nay, Or Eh: Lady Gaga’s Star Turn

Milan up-and-comer Francesco Scognamiglio might not yet be a household name, but it looks like the stars are aligning for him—literally. Madonna and Chloë Sevigny have already worn his frocks, and we hear that three major pop stars all called dibs on this draped goddess dress from his Spring 2010 show. Long story short, the Lady won out (oh, the power of the disco stick!). We think the dress deserved a red-carpet venue rather than a stop-by at a radio station’s morning show, but Gaga looks gorgeous—sophisticated, even. Are you tuned into the Lady’s look?

Photo: Tzirel Kaminetzky for iheartradio.com

Comments

1. Douglass says:

Totally loves it, but I agree as well that this is the right dress at the wrong place.

2. abranova says:

It’s stunning and current without being too I’m wearing a trend. It’s the proper proportions of over the top glam and classic Calvin Klein like cuts.

3. mercuryloge says:

the great ms. lady gaga looks good in anything, but she deserves messrs. john galliano or alexander mcqueen, or any of gareth pugh, oscar de la renta, dsquared2, viktor & rolf, jean paul gaultier, rodarte, sonia rykiel, vivienne westwood, or some of the really insane givenchy !! \,,/

4. ameliajen says:

eh, looks bizarre

5. fashionpicks says:

Gorgeous Gaga do I smell an oxymoron?

P Adhikari

6. nenuphar says:

@ mercuryloge,

That is such a lie. Lady Gaga looks horrible in everything! She tries too hard! I really don’t believe her “fashion sense” is real. She just does it to garner attention. She’s pathetic. The dress she has on is hideous. It would be nice, but the shoulder pads ruin everything!

7. KimPenelope says:

I don’t really like Gaga, and I think clothes look worse just by being on her, but this is a really nice dress, and the shoes compliment it well, but she ruins the outfit with those specs.

8. tr_ro says:

I am not a big fan of Gaga because she is fake… she is just marketing, but I think she looks great here! Aazing outfit for a pop artist! If I would take one thing out though, it would be the sunglasses

9. JohnAgee says:

I have two words: train wreck.

10. FabsBabs says:

Someone please teach her how to stand for a photo. She looks like a hunchback who is jonesing for the ladies room.

11. sweetgirlxoxo says:

I LOVE the way she wore the dress, the thing is I just don’t love the dress. It just seems too akward. I like the shoulder but the random star in the middle? Totally uncalled for.

12. SDk310 says:

I despise this. Why would anyone legitimize her as a style figure? She isn’t She is so far from fashion. She is someone who tries to get attention by wearing ridiculous things and calling them “avant garde.” This dress is hideous. It looks like the worst of early 80s style. The gold on white is WAY too much and the star is just the icing on this tacky cake. Not to mention they knocked off Balmain shoulders, in the worst possible way. She is ridiculous let’s not mention her name in the same sentence as fashion ever again.

13. Razorbuzz says:

I found this dress of Lady Gaga designed by Scognamiglio in Ebay!!!!

Trend Tracking