Open Mouth, Insert Crystal Stiletto-------
Steps away from his Meatpacking District boutique, Christian Louboutin’s high-end glassware experiment is now under way at the 18th-floor bar at the Standard formerly (well, still) known as the Boom Boom Room. It’s billed as Le Rituel and consists of the designer’s take on the traditional Champagne flute—a 5.5-inch crystal stiletto—accompanied by a bottle of Piper-Heidsieck Brut.
Inspired by a not-so-sanitary off-menu offering at nineteenth-century Parisian cabarets, Louboutin’s pairing went on sale at Colette last month. Saturday, Piper-Heidsieck previewed it for an extremely limited North American audience that included Zani Gugelmann and Bonnie Morrison.
Priced at $1,000, it’s a concept that’s bound to appeal to free-spending foot fetishists. To their disappointment on Saturday night, Jessica Stam and the other PYTs assembled at the Standard were raising a glass the old-fashioned way.
- Editor Obsessions: Perfect Trousers From Maison Martin Margiela
- Kate Moss Plays Director for British Vogue
- At Barneys, a Slam Dunk for Russell Westbrook
- Your Favorite Kate Bush Runway Music Moments, All in One Playlist
- Beyoncé and Sky Ferreira Favorited Label, Obesity + Speed, Draws a Crowd in Brooklyn
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more