It’s not over yet, but let’s make it official: 2009 was the year of the party. The recession is just no match for the fashion world’s insatiable appetite for champers, celebrity DJs (hello, Jesus), and so-hot-right-now hotel bars. To document the trend, we pored over our own party pages and thousands more photos on Patrick McMullan. Yes, searching the Web for pics of Stavros Niarchos with his shirt half off is hard work, but somebody had to do it. The list we whittled down after much debate (maybe next year, Courtney Love) represents the tippy top of our most tireless party people—from perennial scenester Karl Lagerfeld to newcomer Shala Monroque. Click for a slideshow of our selects, and let us know if there’s anyone we forgot. To qualify for inclusion in next year’s night owl roundup, please apply at the Standard.
- The Problem With Google’s Driverless Car, Downton Abbey‘s Strange Underwear Rules, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Dressing for Fame: Penny Lovell Talks Working With Taylor Schilling, Sex and the City‘s Lasting Influence, and More
- Editor Obsessions: Rainbow’s Cheap Fashion Thrills
- Summer Fridays: Out of Office With ArtBinder App Founder Alexandra Chemla
- Through Cédric’s Eyes: Devon Aoki in Jeremy Scott
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more