August 20 2014

styledotcom Tom Hanks has an app? stylem.ag/1oOODte

Yea, Nay, Or Eh: Katy Perry At The 2009 MTV Europe Music Awards

Katy Perry’s one star who inspires some pretty heated style debates. She may have kissed a girl and liked it, but for fashion choices, she tends to leave people either hot or cold. At the MTV Europe Music Awards last night (the EMAs, to cognoscenti), Perry rocked 12 different outfits—including some of the best of Spring 2010, from Viktor & Rolf’s showstopping hacksaw ball gown to a prim and pretty floral Marchesa stunner—but the one we’re stuck on is her bustier-and-shorts combo, which picks up the season’s omnipresent lingerie trend in Perry’s usual take-no-prisoners style. Frankly, we’re more nay than yea on this. Yes, it’s young and fun, but it feels calculated to shock. (And the less said about the geometric pyramids jutting off the bottoms, the better.) What do you think—should barely-there go everywhere, or is this one style best left in the boudoir?

Photo: Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic

Comments

1. vgfashion says:

The construction of the shorts makes it seems as if she is sporting a package

I don’t care what Katy Perry is doing with her life, I only know that what she wears isn’t fashionable at all. Yes in one point she’s right she’s shocking, but is this the main point of her behaviour. Probably she’s only wearing this kind of ‘outfit’ to become a little bit more wellknown in Europe or around the world, I have to dissappoint her 99% of the Europeans have never heard of her and I doubt that alot of US citizens know her. Just like Lady GaGa she thinks by shocking people with her dressess/outfits she can become famous. No way little lady. Only wearing provocative clothes arent enought to make you famous around the world. Capire??

3. kitakeet says:

i def. do not like this one. katy perry usually looks like a gorgeous pin-up doll. she looks like she either got lost at the circus or in Bi-Ling’s closet! c’mon katy…dont do a downward spiral! yuck!

I am all for fashion stunts! This is an old trick – shocking like your average hollow pumpkin.

Still… it can’t be allot easier to recognize then to make fashion that far from the beaten track ‘work’. May not even be possible to learn the trade of pairing beetles, long hair and blue silk [remember that, right?]. I hope she had fun with the exercise, at least…

5. katnic says:

The shorts definitely make this look contrived and over all unflattering. Her tits look great in the bustier, though!

6. chlolula says:

I think Katy Perry is gorgeous, but usually when is comes to her fashion sense it’s a no no!

7. ElanaBP says:

It’s racy and sexy, but odd…that’s all I have to say about that.

8. cynbarcomi says:

simply A W F U L !

9. fashionpicks says:

She has accomplised what she wanted, that is got us talking about her, as for her fashion choices I don’t think she herself cares much, so keep the tongues waging and keep Perry merry!

P Adhikari

True, true, P.A! Good manners would command to keep quiet about all benign dislikeables – such as this. I hereby admit to the breach…

11. mercuryloge says:

i tweeted a few days ago that the viktor & rolf outfit worn by ms. perry was one of my faves of spring 2010 – alas, i would vastly rather have seen the dress on ummm the great ms. emily hanes of metric, karen o of the yeah yeah yeahs, lady gaga, brody dalle of spinnerette, teagan OR sara, amy lee of evanescence, martina sorbara of dragonette, and i would rather not have seen (the dress on ….) hayley williams of paramore … !!! \,,/

12. Jonze says:

I think I could have stood the outfits being so revealing if the girl had a teeny-tiny bit of subtlety about it. She couldn’t pull the outfits off because she has no class. Ladies don’t hump pianos!

13. tr_ro says:

Love it! You go girl!

14. blogger17 says:

katy perry looks good but I don’t know about this wearing your underwear outside trend. je pense que c’est trop fou! http://imeanwhat.com/?s=lingerie what do you think?

Trend Tracking