Amid the week’s first art-fair previews in Miami, Roger Vivier gave some chic guests a peek at its new boutique in Bal Harbour Shops. Nestled up against Louis Vuitton in the luxury retail complex just north of Miami Beach, it’s a 1,000-square-foot space with dangling silver mobiles and Vivier’s signature pink carpets. “Incredibly chic,” Amanda Brooks declared.
Vivier brand ambassador Inès de la Fressange had flown in from Paris that afternoon for an ultrashort visit. “It’s like a dream,” she sighed. Not a perfect one—for one thing, she had the hiccups. “And I’m deaf, too. I don’t know if it’s because of the plane?”
Thankfully, those ailments seemed to clear up for the post-event dinner at Casa Tua, where de la Fressange shared a long table with young-marrieds Robin Thicke and Paula Patton, who came (from L.A.), saw, and conquered—without buying. “It was more of a take. We’re hoping no one notices or sends us a bill,” Thicke joked. “Robin is a klepto! He stole these sunglasses,” Patton giggled. Perhaps in an effort to make good, the R&B singer made a photographer wait for him to don the aviators in question before snapping his picture.
Photo: Gustavo Caballero, WireImage, Getty Images
- Now Trending: Not Your Mother’s “Mom Jeans”
- EDM’s Biggest Moneymaker, Johnny Depp’s New Father-Daughter Project, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Telfar Clemens Pops Up at Opening Ceremony and Hints at His Plans for NYFW
- A Bustle Is Forever—Especially When It’s Made by Yohji Yamamoto
- EXCLUSIVE: Made Fashion Week’s Spring 2015 Lineup
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more