Your Weekend Plan: Helping Haiti-------
In the wake of the devastating earthquake in Haiti, the digital generation has risen to do its part: The Red Cross’ donation-by-text-message program has so far raised $10 million for disaster relief, much of it thanks to the tireless efforts of the Twitterverse to raise awareness. (That oughta shut up the anti-tweet camp for a minute or two.) We’re all for a little digital philanthropy, but if you’re in New York and want to do a little good in the flesh, here’s a fashion-friendly event you’ll want to check out.
This Sunday, January 17, GrandLife joins forces with Style.com’s Eleanor Banco, Teen Vogue‘s Mary Kate Steinmiller, downtown DJs Harley & Cassie, the MisShapes, and Sophomore’s Chrissie Miller (and even a few others, but we ran out of breath!) for a Port-au-Prince relief party at the Soho Grand. A $20 admission—100 percent of it donated to the Red Cross—gets you open bar from 6 to 8 p.m. and dancing till 10.
We’ll keep you posted on this and other relief events, and of course we’ll tweet the info, too. As should go without saying at this point: Retweet away.
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more