Harley And Cassie Make Room For One More-------
It’s generally accepted that there are more than enough parties to go around during fashion week, but don’t tell that to Harley Viera-Newton and Cassie Coane—the DJ partners, who both (no joke) turn 22 next Wednesday, were more than happy to throw their birthday bash into the mix last night.
The two NYU seniors certainly marched to their own beat when planning this one, a late-night affair at Chelsea’s less-than-trendy Marquee complete with leopard-print balloons, masks, and animal hats. “We wanted it to be really crazy and in a club, and we thought it would be funny to essentially bring Marquee back for a night,” Viera-Newton explained between bouts of mad dancing.
Kirsten Dunst, Jared Leto, and the Olsen twins came by to pay their respects and presumably partake of the bubbly that kept getting delivered among a spray of pyrotechnics. Viera-Newton kept it coming: “Anyone who wants Champagne can have it!”
“I graduate in May,” she shrugged. “I have to take advantage and be a college kid as much as I can.” Did we go to the wrong school?
- The Looks That Should Have Walked the Comic-Con Red Carpet
- At Colorado’s Pot-Themed Wedding, Everybody Raised a Grass
- Editor Obsessions: Moschino’s Irreverent Tee
- Dressing for Fame: Versace, J.Lo, RiRi Gone Rogue, and More Career Tidbits from Stylists Mariel Haenn and Rob Zangardi
- Courtney Love Says Kurt Cobain Biopic Is in the Works
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more