Saving The Best For Last-------
Magnus Berger and Tenzin Wild always throw The Last Magazine‘s fashion week parties at the tail end of the week—the time, in other words, when designers and editors can see the light at the end of the tunnel and are especially eager to kick off their six-inch heels and let off some steam. That’s just what they did last night at the mag’s fourth-issue launch party at Pravda.
“I first came to New York in 1998, and one of the first places I went to was Pravda,” Berger explained. “It’s part of a different era but it feels new, and a lot of my friends had never been here. Our parties are not really about doing anything big or fancy. We just want to have fun.” He doth protest too much. “Magnus always throws the best parties,” said model Julia Stegner, surveying the tiny, tightly packed dance floor. Fueled by male models-cum-DJs James Penfold and Simon Bolzoni, Daria Werbowy and Julia Restoin-Roitfeld held court there for quite some time. Kate Bosworth took a few spins before retreating to a corner booth. New York City Ballet principal Benjamin Millepied probably could have taught all in attendance a thing or two, but he and his date, Natalie Portman, stayed on the sidelines.
“You need lots of alcohol,” Stegner said of what makes a great fashion week party, before adding, “I’m not partaking.” Turns out Stegner was leaving for Italy early in the morning for work (“It’s not so good for the face”). But the work was done for attendees Richard Chai, Phillip Lim, Joseph Altuzarra, and Alexander Wang. The latter (pictured with Stegner at another fashion week event)—who knows a thing or two about throwing raucous after-parties—may have sat this season out, but he has something up his chenille sleeve. “We’re saving all of our ammunition for September. You can always do bigger and better things in September.”
tags: Alexander Wang, Benjamin Millepied, Daria Werbowy, James Penfold, Joseph Altuzarra, Julia Restoin-Roitfeld, Julia Stegner, Kate Bosworth, Magnus Berger, Natalie Portman, Pravda, Simon Bolzoni, Tenzin Wild, The Last Magazine
- At Barneys, a Slam Dunk for Russell Westbrook
- Beyoncé and Sky Ferreira Favorited Label, Obesity + Speed, Draws a Crowd in Brooklyn
- Editor Obsessions: Barbour Bedale Jacket
- Kesha, A$AP Ferg, and More Reveal All in a Hilarious New Haim Video; Tom Hanks Tops the App Charts; and More of the News You Missed Today
- Selfie Promotion: Timur Kim’s New T-Shirts Are a Social Media Addict’s Dream
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more