An Evening With Madonna’s Lensman Of Choice-------
This time of year in particular, the famous faces are all over Hollywood. They were at the launch party for fashion photographer Tom Munro’s eponymous first book last night, albeit mostly (with a few key exceptions) framed on the wall. The majority of the celebrities Munro has shot in his 15-year career also made it into the book, from Tom Cruise (who was available for a paltry 80 minutes at their first shoot) to Lady Gaga.
Also in the book is Justin Timberlake, who was kind enough to stop by the gallery on Melrose Place. At most openings, he’d be your biggest get. But most openings aren’t for artists who are tight with Madonna, who drew a crowd like moths to a flame when she entered. And so Munro, who’d been calmly sipping Moët near the door, was suddenly beelining it through the gallery with Madge and her entourage. When he returned, Munro talked about the trip the two of them recently made to Africa for her charity, Raising Malawi. “We bounced around in four-wheel-drive vehicles. Everyone’s mucking in, covered in dust. It’s not glamorous,” he said.
It was hardly the first time Munro, who also worked on Madonna’s Sticky & Sweet tour and directed her “Die Another Day” video, had been on board with her. How does Madge travel? “Fast,” Munro said. Naturally, she was long gone by then.
- EDM’s Biggest Moneymaker, Johnny Depp’s New Father-Daughter Project, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Telfar Clemens Pops Up at Opening Ceremony and Hints at His Plans for NYFW
- A Bustle Is Forever—Especially When It’s Made by Yohji Yamamoto
- EXCLUSIVE: Made Fashion Week’s Spring 2015 Lineup
- Editor Obsessions: Perfect Trousers From Maison Martin Margiela
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more