Quiet On The Set, Please, Someone’s Butt Is Getting Bit-------
Club Monaco has leapt into spring with help from an old hand, 80-year-old photographer Bert Stern. The lensman—best known for his photographs of Marilyn Monroe—shot the brand’s latest campaign, and blowups of the resulting black-and-white images loomed over the party Club Monaco threw last night at its Fifth Avenue boutique.
Known as a creator of classy, feminine photographs but not necessarily as a people person, Stern spent most of the evening downstairs in the quieter men’s department; upstairs, the swirl included jewelry designer Eddie Borgo and style documentarians Scott Schuman and Garance Doré. Lorenzo Martone found himself toting around Jessica White’s bag while she did some shopping. “Light-colored things,” White (pictured, right) explained. “I like very dark colors, but I’m going to lighten up my hair for the springtime—it’s going to be a reddish-brown. So it’s about soft, neutral colors.”
While her friend and fellow model Irina Shayk (pictured, left) wandered off with the personal shopper they were sharing, White recounted getting in trouble not so long ago for racy pictures leaked from the set of the latest Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. “We did a sandwich position where the photographer and the makeup artist were biting my buttocks. People took it really seriously. I had to make a public statement. So now I won’t allow people to take photographs on set anymore. They can’t photograph me getting my butt bit,” she explained. Presumably, that’s never been an issue for Stern.
- The Looks That Should Have Walked the Comic-Con Red Carpet
- At Colorado’s Pot-Themed Wedding, Everybody Raised a Grass
- Editor Obsessions: Moschino’s Irreverent Tee
- Dressing for Fame: Versace, J.Lo, RiRi Gone Rogue, and More Career Tidbits from Stylists Mariel Haenn and Rob Zangardi
- Courtney Love Says Kurt Cobain Biopic Is in the Works
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more