A Welcoming Party For Yvan Mispelaere-------
“It’s a new decade,” said Diane von Furstenberg at last night’s intimate party to welcome new creative director Yvan Mispelaere to her brand.
“Yvan’s been here a week and already I am so happy I made the right decision.” Mispelaere was most recently at Gucci, where he worked under Frida Giannini as women’s ready-to-wear design director, and he sounded just as excited as his new boss to be ensconced in von Furstenberg’s Meatpacking District headquarters. “I’m so happy to make my home in New York, and to work with Diane as my guide, my muse.” It helps, von Furstenberg admitted, that Mispelaere is French. “We have all the same references.” His first full collection for the brand will hit the runway in September for Spring 2011.
- Raf Simons x Ruby Sterling is Coming to a Computer Screen New You
- Editor Obsessions: Sunspel’s New Side Panel T-Shirt
- Model Elettra Wiedemann Rethinks the Word “Foodie”
- Summer Friday: How Two Top Music Publicists Spend Their Afternoons Out of the Office
- Sartorial Sunshine at Day Three of Berlin Fashion Week
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more