April 18 2014

styledotcom Bring me down, break it down in the hot, hot desert. This is where I wanna be. stylem.ag/1ner3oo pic.twitter.com/3y3WYV0Qau

Yea, Nay, or Eh? Madonna Suits Up

Diane von Furstenberg was in London last night toasting the addition of hotelier to her long list of credentials. She was on hand to open the suite of rooms she designed at Claridge’s hotel, and the London contingent came out in full force to celebrate, including Victoria Beckham (who was rumored to have changed her vacation plans so as not to miss the fête), Gwyneth Paltrow, and Madonna. The Material Girl went Material Gent for the evening in a wide-legged black suit, paired with a structured blouse and navy fedora. She threw in a few femme touches to keep her just this side of drag—namely, red lips and a belt to accentuate her waist. Maybe she’s got menswear on the brain with the European shows going on now—her friends Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana just celebrated their 20th anniversary in menswear in Milan, after all—but whatever the cause, we’re feeling her for-the-boys look. What do you think? Do you like how she expressed herself, or was her look over the borderline?

Photo: Richard Young / Startraks Photo

Comments

1. LoudPen says:

I liked it. My weakness is a strong woman in menswear. And I’m digging the flare legged pants, they do wonders for elongating the leg.

The cut of the suit is third sex proper in my book. The cuffs and fedora, the banker stripes add humor. Why not!

3. Titinapenzini says:

She looks terrible and why bother dressing like a man covering the big breasts is just hideous! Cmon what about the effort designers put on makin a woman look gorgeous?

4. Grib says:

Humongous nay! Cringe..

Everything except for the belt is wrong. Men’s wear for women gone bad and it’s not even that difficult. Throw away the hat, give her a jacket that fits her boobs and a pair of men’s pants and it’d be much better.

5. ELIcouture says:

The pants and blazer were well tailored so the outfit however, looks fine but the hat is a little too much.

6. mynae2007 says:

I think she looks great.

7. Freklz23 says:

Over the borderline! I am not a fan of the man suit look…especially on her, she’s done it a million times.

8. Diorgasm says:

I’m really not impressed.The jacket looks really cheap, and for once she looks her actual height.(It’s one thing to be 5’2″. It’s another to look it…)If the jacket was less cheap looking and cropped a bit higher this look would really rock. As it is she looks decidedly Vaudeville.