Dressing The Part—And Living It, Too-------
Oscar season is still months away, but Robert Duvall has already been getting Best Actor buzz for Get Low, in which he plays a grizzled loner who comes out of the Tennessee woods to plan his own funeral. But at last night’s Cinema Society screening, the 79-year-old actor was plenty sociable. “Once you get a hermit out, before he goes back in sometimes, they’re very talkative,” he joked. Duvall’s a farm man himself—he owns one in Argentina—and though he threw on a jacket for the premiere at Tribeca Grand, back home, he told us he favors jeans and carpincho boots at home.
His co-star Sissy Spacek, it turns out, is also a dress-down kind of gal. She may have rubbed elbows with Calvin Klein and Rachel Roy at last night’s screening (which was co-sponsored by Sony Alpha Nex), but back in Virginia, she explained, she lives life at a different pace—and in a different dress code. “Often times when I get up in the morning, because there’s nobody around, I just stay in my pajamas and start my chores,” she said. “Sweeping the porch, feeding the fish, feeding the dogs, making my shake.” She may be country-wise, but she’s got city wiles—she outlasted almost the entire crowd at the after-party at the Soho Grand.
- EXCLUSIVE: Fashion East Reveals Spring ’15 Lineup
- Prince George Turns 1, Makes Headlines
- Fifty Shades of Grey Director Sam Taylor-Johnson Takes Us Inside Coco Chanel’s Paris Pad
- Editor Obsessions: Issey Miyake’s Bao Bao Platinum Tote
- Zac Posen Loves Tibetan Singing Bowls, Is Opposed to Neutering Culture
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more