The Kane Family Celebrates-------
There’s east London’s now-trendy Shoreditch and then, a bit north and even farther afield, there’s Dalston—that’s where Christopher Kane keeps his studio, and where, last night, he gathered the troops for his annual, much-anticipated birthday party. The neighborhood, like Kane himself, is moving from up-and-coming to arrived. And where else can you find a great gay bar (the Dalston Superstore, last night’s venue), a 24-hour hamam, and excellent Vietnamese restaurants?
His party is very much a family-and-friends event—Kane, his mom, his aunts, and his sister and business partner, Tammy (pictured with Christopher, left), are legendarily close. His friends are, too: Lulu Kennedy and Louise Wilson both came to raise a glass, and Chris’ bestie, the award-winning hairdresser Gary Rees, even flew in from Scotland for the day. “I wouldn’t miss this for the world,” he said. “Chris has been my best mate forever, and, well, this lot, we just stick together, don’t we all?”
The happy host was graciously tending to his guests, pausing to tell us how busy he was, how much he was loving it, and encouraging everyone to get a drink. He wasn’t the only one celebrating. Tammy was introducing her handsome fiancé, Richard, around to the group, beaming in a rose-embroidered dress from her brother’s Spring ’10 collection. “It’s very much a new thing, we just got engaged!” she said. Looks like Chris is going to be even busier coming up with a wedding dress.
- The Looks That Should Have Walked the Comic-Con Red Carpet
- At Colorado’s Pot-Themed Wedding, Everybody Raised a Grass
- Editor Obsessions: Moschino’s Irreverent Tee
- Dressing for Fame: Versace, J.Lo, RiRi Gone Rogue, and More Career Tidbits from Stylists Mariel Haenn and Rob Zangardi
- Courtney Love Says Kurt Cobain Biopic Is in the Works
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more