Gwyneth Paltrow’s Next Role: Hostess-------
The day after Helen Mirren won her Academy Award for Best Actress in The Queen, she donated the proceeds of her Oscar TV performances to Kids Company, the charity run by Camila Batmanghelidjh—making her only the most recent in a long line of Batmanghelidjh’s famous friends and fans. Gwyneth Paltrow, Stella McCartney, Thandie Newton, Trudie Styler, Jemima Khan, and Bella Freud are also friends and staunch supporters of the turbaned Camila, whose nonprofit helps inner-city kids.
At the Kids Company tea party yesterday at Bayswater’s Café Anglais, Batmangdhelidjh let slip that those famous friends would be stepping up again this year at her annual gala event, Gladrags and Handbags, which is now a key spot on the London social calendar. Top fashion photographers like Mario Testino are donating a favorite piece to be auctioned at the event, to be held during next February’s London fashion week. And the party’s host is one to set flashbulbs blazing. Last time, reclusive Coldplay front man Chris Martin did the honors. On deck for the next one: his wife, Gwynnie.
JPG Joins Carla’s Cause, And More… ›
- Abercrombie Loses the Logo, Angelina Jolie’s Wedding Dress Details, and More of the News You Missed Today
- EXCLUSIVE: Barbie’s New Designer Looks by Rebecca Taylor, Tess Giberson, and More
- Get Inked: 10 Models Show Off Their Tattoos
- Mary Katrantzou Liberates the Letter Sweater
- Kendall on Yesterday’s Last-Name Buzz: “I Can’t Believe It’s Actually Becoming a Story”
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more