A Magical Start To New York Fashion Week-------
To make your party stand out from the rest during fashion week, it helps to have a few tricks up your sleeve—and A Small World chairman and man-about-town Patrick Liotard-Vogt certainly had one last night, in the form of magician David Blaine. All eyes (most of them very, very wide) were on the prestidigitator’s lightning-quick hands at the rooftop soirée, which raised funds for Liotard-Vogt’s F Cancer charity and had Blaine bending coins and performing other Jedi mind tricks for the likes of Maria Cornejo, Devon Aoki, and Anouck Lepère. “I know it’s all sleight-of-hand, but I can’t stop giggling like a little schoolgirl,” Waris Ahluwalia (left, with Blaine) admitted.
“If he could transport me to September 17, that would be the best trick,” suggested Lorenzo Martone, whose very busy coming week includes hosting after-parties for Ruffian on Thursday and L.A.M.B. on the 16th, and a Fashion Night Out fête with Carlos Miele. Really, Lorenzo, you’d want to skip all that? Consider us skeptical.
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more