School’s In Backstage At Versus-------
Francesca Versace—yes, of those Versaces—writes in from her jaunts around Milan fashion week.
I did a double take when I got to the Versus show at Teatro Versace yesterday—the yard, the grass, the playground equipment. But once I got backstage and saw the collection and the young models, it all made sense. We’re back in school—fitting for me, at least, since Christopher Kane and I are old school chums.
Backstage, it’s like a full-blown atelier—some dresses are still being altered, and the young dolls are getting their super-straight, super-long extensions put in. Between those, and the explosion of color mixed with tartans and florals, I instantly think of an adolescent Donatella. I check in on Christopher as he gushes over the flower prints and shows me some of the killer color-blocked heels and sweet yet sexy backpack purses. As Aunt Do is checking all the final details.
Then it’s on to the show. The playground is the new runway, and I must say it fits. Either that, or the girls are experts in keeping in character. I went backstage to congratulate them and caught the action as they shot the lookbook. They were pouty schoolgirls to the very end.
Keep reading for more of Francesca’s exclusive backstage photos.
- Ultra-Luxe Leather Goods Label Parabellum Sets Up Shop on Melrose
- Now Trending: Not Your Mother’s “Mom Jeans”
- EDM’s Biggest Moneymaker, Johnny Depp’s New Father-Daughter Project, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Telfar Clemens Pops Up at Opening Ceremony and Hints at His Plans for NYFW
- A Bustle Is Forever—Especially When It’s Made by Yohji Yamamoto
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more