The Lady Turned Tramp At Proenza Schouler’s After-Party-------
The Proenza Schouler girl looks softer and more feminine on the runway this season, but designers Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough’s after-party at Don Hill’s was all about roughening her edges. “We like contradictions, I guess,” Hernandez explained.
It was the revivified rock club’s final dark-and-dirty fashion week bash, even if the Brooklyn band Crystal Stilts didn’t quite inspire the delirium (or door madness) of Yeah Yeah Yeahs or Iggy Pop. Nevertheless, organizers feared things might get sloppy, and gave photographers the boot around midnight. (An exemption was granted to Adrian Grenier, who seems to have taken up party photography as a hobby; 20 bucks says it has something to do with the fact that HBO is airing his documentary Teenage Paparazzo later this month.) The only obvious signs of impropriety, though, were the grainy porn films—part of a new project by photog Sante D’Orazio—playing on monitors above the Belvedere-sponsored bar. “We put censor bars over it, for the ladies,” Hernandez said. He was joking, of course: Only the faces were blacked out.
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more