10 Turns Ten-------
A decade is an even longer time in fashion years, so for its tenth anniversary, Sophia Neophitou’s 10 threw an appropriately lavish bash. “It’s miraculous that I have made my dream come true and enjoyed it for ten years,” Neophitou said at her mag’s celebration in London last night. “I hope the next ten years bring more and more fantasies and the adventures that creatively challenge me and my readers—always.”
As challenges go, there are few people in the business better equipped to provide them. The Greek goddess (above, with Roland Mouret, left, and Tim Blanks and a partygoer, right) with the throaty laugh and penchant for combining a utilitarian parka with teetering, non-utilitarian heels has worn more hats, and worked with more people, than most. Included on her CV are the titles of editor (in addition to helming 10, she edits fashion coverage for Harper’s Bazaar U.K. and Russian Vogue), creative director (of Roland Mouret and Antonio Berardi), and stylist (in which capacity she had the enviable duty of touching “those bodies”—i.e., David and Victoria Beckham, for their 10 covers). In the course of it, she’s made more than a few high-profile friends and fans, including Christopher Kane and Tammy Kane, Jonathan Saunders, Katie Hillier, Dree Hemingway, Henry Holland, Mouret, and more, all of whom packed Il Bottaccio to raise a glass and sway to three of the hottest new DJs in town: Mez (of The Neat) and Michael Hibbert and Alex Parry (of Chapel Club).
A tenth anniversary issue demands an appropriately festive cover girl, and Neophitou snagged the prize of the moment: Anna Dello Russo. The ADR cover, she explained, “celebrated everything fashion should love, has a sense of humor—after all, we aren’t brain surgeons—and a real sense of fun. Also, there is definitely a sense of being a little addicted to fashion.” 10‘s the perfect fix.
The Wisdom Of The Crowd, And More… ›
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more