Lorraine Schwartz Is A Girl’s Best Friend-------
When Jay-Z decided he liked it—it being Beyoncé—and to put a ring on it, he went with one from jeweler Lorraine Schwartz. So no surprise to find the singer at the debut of Schwartz’s 2BHappy collection at Lavo in New York last night (and not much of a surprise to find her more than fashionably late, either).
But Beyoncé wasn’t the only famous friend who came to toast the occasion. Mary J. Blige, Blake Lively, Kim Kardashian, and Ashanti all dropped by to see the new collection. “Lorraine always does what you are thinking about or what you are dreaming about,” Blige said of her longtime friend. “She’s not limited with her artistic ability—she always goes to the left or to the right, [but] it’s never to the left of where you can’t wear it.”
Lively (left, with Beyoncé and Schwartz) has never seemed to have a hard time wearing it—she’s often decked out in the designer’s jewels. (Last night, she was sporting diamond drop earrings and an armful of LS bangles with her Versace dress.) “It’s the little girl in me,” Lively admitted. “We are attracted to sparkles.” She was attracted to one in particular—a happy-face bracelet from the new line, intended to encourage happiness in the wearer. “This is probably my new favorite piece by her,” the Gossip Girl star said.
- Destination Summer: 10 Models Take Us on Vacation
- The Problem With Google’s Driverless Car, Downton Abbey‘s Strange Underwear Rules, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Dressing for Fame: Penny Lovell Talks Working With Taylor Schilling, Sex and the City‘s Lasting Influence, and More
- Editor Obsessions: Rainbow’s Cheap Fashion Thrills
- Summer Fridays: Out of Office With ArtBinder App Founder Alexandra Chemla
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more