How Do You Take Your Metallics?-------
Nothing says New Year’s Eve like a look-at-me metallic dress, and Spring gave us plenty of glittery possibilities. We wouldn’t have any issues finding a suitor to smooch at the stroke of midnight if we looked like Britt Maren did in Donna Karan‘s marbleized copper silk. Ditto Shena Moulton in Thakoon‘s thigh-grazing electric python dress. But the real eye-opener this season was the way designers cut the shiny stuff into wearable looks that aren’t just for after dark. Paired with an easy flannel shirt and Western belt, Ralph Lauren‘s silver tinsel skirt delivers a bit of flash with a dose of informality. Tory Burch, left, hit the same note with lamé pants and a baja jacket.
Click for a slideshow, and let us know how you plan to shine in the new year.
- Runway to Red Carpet: Emma Watson, Diane Kruger, Nicola Peltz, and More of This Week’s Highlights
- Raf Simons x Ruby Sterling is Coming to a Computer Screen New You
- Editor Obsessions: Sunspel’s New Side Panel T-Shirt
- Model Elettra Wiedemann Rethinks the Word “Foodie”
- Summer Friday: How Two Top Music Publicists Spend Their Afternoons Out of the Office
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more