How Do You Take Your Metallics?-------
Nothing says New Year’s Eve like a look-at-me metallic dress, and Spring gave us plenty of glittery possibilities. We wouldn’t have any issues finding a suitor to smooch at the stroke of midnight if we looked like Britt Maren did in Donna Karan‘s marbleized copper silk. Ditto Shena Moulton in Thakoon‘s thigh-grazing electric python dress. But the real eye-opener this season was the way designers cut the shiny stuff into wearable looks that aren’t just for after dark. Paired with an easy flannel shirt and Western belt, Ralph Lauren‘s silver tinsel skirt delivers a bit of flash with a dose of informality. Tory Burch, left, hit the same note with lamé pants and a baja jacket.
Click for a slideshow, and let us know how you plan to shine in the new year.
- What to Buy This Weekend: Labor Day Designer Steals
- Abercrombie Loses the Logo, Angelina Jolie’s Wedding Dress Details, and More of the News You Missed Today
- EXCLUSIVE: Barbie’s New Designer Looks by Rebecca Taylor, Tess Giberson, and More
- Get Inked: 10 Models Show Off Their Tattoos
- Mary Katrantzou Liberates the Letter Sweater
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more