Loree Rodkin Designs For The Cause, Vacations With Cher-------
Loree Rodkin’s client base includes names big and bigger, but for her latest piece, the jewelry designer committed herself to giving back. She flew into London last night for the launch of “Rocks, Stones, and Metals” at Joseph, where she—along with Stephen Webster, Delfina Delettrez, Katie Hillier, and Hannah Martin—collaborated with the retailer on a curated collection sold to benefit UNICEF.
She joined a crowd that included Daphne Guinness, Alexandra Shulman, Ozwald Boateng, and Charlotte Dellal, whose mom, Andrea, was on hosting duties with Michael Roberts. The guest list might’ve wowed a lesser designer, but Rodkin is used to keeping famous company—she counts Elton John, Courtney Love, and Cher among her friends and clients. (Here in the U.S., she’s best known for designing Michelle Obama’s inauguration gems, but her first client was no slouch, either: Elizabeth Taylor.)
At the cocktail party, Rodkin (left, with Andrea Dellal) revealed that she’s been experimenting with restaurant design (with Luau in Beverly Hills), eyeglasses (“Elton’s got hundreds!”), perfumes, and candles. While in London, she tells Style.com, she’ll be “shopping at Browns, Feathers, and of course Joseph, trying to manage a facial at Harrods, and finally trying to get some rest. Last, I’m meeting my friend Cher for her London premiere of Burlesque on Monday. Then we are going on to Hawaii to switch off from all our respective traveling!” Travels with a diva? We can only imagine what bedazzled inspiration will come out of that one.
- What to Buy This Weekend: Labor Day Designer Steals
- Abercrombie Loses the Logo, Angelina Jolie’s Wedding Dress Details, and More of the News You Missed Today
- EXCLUSIVE: Barbie’s New Designer Looks by Rebecca Taylor, Tess Giberson, and More
- Get Inked: 10 Models Show Off Their Tattoos
- Mary Katrantzou Liberates the Letter Sweater
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more