At Castel In Paris, Toasting Kristin Scott Thomas And Looking Forward To Le Baron In NYC-------
As Kristin Scott Thomas, sipping Cristal, stood in intense conversation with Phoebe Philo in the upstairs room at Castel in Paris last night, it was hard to imagine the actress dressed as a pineapple. That guise, among others, was one of many Thomas donned for a spread in the latest issue of French fashion mag Double, which Philo, along with Haider Ackermann, Leelee Sobieski, and Adam Kimmel, was at Castel to fête.
“I got the idea [for the costume] ages ago, when my daughter asked me to make her a pineapple costume for a party,” Thomas explained. “I didn’t know the first thing about how to do that, but the idea stuck in my mind.” That idea, or, more generally, Thomas’ love of disguise, was what led to the Double shoot: At Lanvin jewelry designer Elie Top’s birthday-cum-costume-party last year, the actress’ Amy Winehouse getup was so convincing that Double‘s Fabrice Paineau convinced Thomas to try out various dream roles in the magazine. The resulting spread, shot by Max Farago, imagines Thomas as Johnny Hallyday, avec moustache, a tight-lipped BCBG, and a hooker, along with a reprise of her Winehouse role.
As for parties in New York to look forward to, Vincent Darré—who co-hosted the bash with Thomas and styled the shoot—is currently putting the finishing touches Le Baron’s soon-to-open Big Apple outpost. “It’s in Chinatown and we designed it like a bordello from The Shanghai Gesture,” Darré said. Sounds suitably kinky.
- Dressing for Fame: Kemal Harris, Stylist to Robin Wright and Idina Menzel, on Making Sure Her Clients Never Show Up Naked
- Humberto Leon Weighs In on Natasha Lyonne’s Custom OC Emmy Awards Dress
- Editor Obsessions: Vintage Alaïa Black Hooded Zipper Dress
- Cheap Monday Takes You Front-Row at Stockholm Fashion Week
- Started From the Bottom: Experts Weigh in on the Cultural Obsession With Butts
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more