Go Westway, Young Men-------
Between all the prep work, production, and execution, there’s a lot that goes into a fashion show. So it’s easy to see why after wrapping up their men’s and women’s Fall 2011 collections, the duo behind Rag & Bone were ready to celebrate, and at a former strip club, no less.
“You only have so much control over the process and once everything is set into motion, you just have to go with it,” co-founder Marcus Wainwright said at the Westway last night. “It’s also a relief to be finished and we’re really happy that it turned out the way it did,” Wainwright added on their women’s show earlier in the evening. Put more simply, his partner in design David Neville quipped to well-wishers, “It feels awesome.”
And the crowd certainly felt the celebration mode. The music was pumping, though the stripper poles center stage were bare save for a few bold partying souls. There were, however, plenty of eye-catching ladies at the Matt Kliegman and Carlos Quirarte-owned spot. Notably, Hanne Gaby Odiele (pictured, center), who also walked Rag & Bone’s runway, pointed out, “The week just started and look at me, I’m out. I’m going to regret this tomorrow morning.” Lucky for her pumpkin coach, er taxi, she headed home just before midnight.
- Abercrombie Loses the Logo, Angelina Jolie’s Wedding Dress Details, and More of the News You Missed Today
- EXCLUSIVE: Barbie’s New Designer Looks by Rebecca Taylor, Tess Giberson, and More
- Get Inked: 10 Models Show Off Their Tattoos
- Mary Katrantzou Liberates the Letter Sweater
- Kendall on Yesterday’s Last-Name Buzz: “I Can’t Believe It’s Actually Becoming a Story”
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more