Alex De Betak, After Hours-------
In our latest “After Hours” video, filmmaker Alexis Dahan hits the party circuit with the near-legendary show producer and scenographer Alex de Betak. You may be less than familiar with his name—you’ll definitely be familiar with his work.
De Betak is the go-to for the biggest labels, designers, and companies, and has been responsible for some of the biggest productions in recent fashion show history. His client list not only reads like a who’s-who, it’s also a how-long: De Betak has logged over a decade with Christian Dior (whose former designer, John Galliano, had an incurable taste for operatic productions) and Hussein Chalayan, and years with Victoria’s Secret and Rodarte (whose recent MOCA retrospective show he also designed). He’s also got the rare distinction of being the only man to create a larger-than-life crystal chandelier of Gisele.
Music for “After Hours” provided by Io Echo and The Drums.
- EXCLUSIVE: Scott Sternberg Spills About Canceling His Spring ’15 Show
- Yohji Yamamoto Makes Us Want to Be a Part of This Soccer Team, Chelsea Handler Goes Out With a Bang, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Claire Goldsmith Keeps It in the Family
- Dressing for Fame: Kemal Harris, Stylist to Robin Wright and Idina Menzel, on Making Sure Her Clients Never Show Up Naked
- Humberto Leon Weighs In on Natasha Lyonne’s Custom OC Emmy Awards Dress
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more